Wondering how to get started with your first stand up paddling (SUP) experience? This video covers the basics of how to get started in the water with your SUP and then how to stand up.
Here are the topics covered in this video:
1. What gear is needed
2. How to:
- carry your stand up paddle board (SUP)
- launch your stand up paddle board (SUP)
- position yourself in the water to get started
- position your board to prepare to launch
- get on your board
- use your paddle
- gain momentum and turn your board using your paddle
- move from a kneeling position to a standing position
- align your weight and stabilize your body on the board
What was the hardest thing for you to learn when you first started paddling? What advice would you give a new paddler?